Tuesday 27 March 2012

Who would be the target audience for my media product

The age for my target audience would be 15 to 24 year olds. They would be attracted to my film because it’s a thriller and young people enjoy thrillers. Young men enjoy seeing films staring an attractive actress and that have a lot of action like Salt, the girl with the dragon tattoo and Hanna this is why they would go and see my thriller. Young women would go and see it because the protagonist is a very strong woman and they can see themselves in her or admire her strength and courage,she would act as a role model for them. Men also like to go and see a film with their girlfriend and this thriller being aimed at a mainstream audience would allow them to go and see a film that they will both enjoy. I believe their would be a secondary audience for my film of over 25's who still enjoy going out for a date or night out and would enjoy watching my film. Because the narrative deals in universal themes that would attract a global audience I definitely feel that if people saw my film advertised and read the reviews they would want to see it. Precisely because it is a genre piece that deals in action with a strong female lead much like Salt and Hana two other films that have been hits in recent years. If our film achieved good reviews and we developed a strong teaser trailer I definitely feel we wopuld find a wider audience through online marketing. This is the kind of new media technology that our target audience frequently uses so marketing online using youtube, facebook etc would certainly help us find an audience.

An example of someone who will watch my thriller is Tom. He is a teenaged boy enjoys watching thrillers with lots of explosions and girls. He also likes playing videogames and going out with his friends. He is currently studying for his A-levels and plans to go on to university to study business. Some of his favourite films are Salt, Hanna, The girl with the dragon tattoo…

No comments:

Post a Comment